POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A texture, almost, but not quite, entirely unlike glazed ceramic : Re: A texture, almost, but not quite, entirely unlike glazed ceramic Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A texture, almost, but not quite, entirely unlike glazed ceramic
From: Edouard
Date: 17 Jun 2010 23:15:01
Message: <web.4c1ae444132eb6673e4d73ef0@news.povray.org>
"Edouard" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> wrote:
> First quick attempt at a glazed ceramic texture. Some bits kind of look OK, but
> I think
> there's a lot that could be improved. The "can't layer a patterned texture over
> another texture" issue is causing a lot of trouble for taking this much further,
> but I'll see if I can think of any ways around it.
>
> Some post-processing in Photoshop, as I've never had the time to try out the
> same post processing tricks using peoples POV code...
>
> Cheers,
> Edouard.

Hmm, I could try a material_map to allow me to have multiple patterned textures
applied to the same object. That gets me a little bit further along the path...

Cheers,
Edouard.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'material_map_test.jpg' (81 KB)

Preview of image 'material_map_test.jpg'
material_map_test.jpg